The Lincoln College Jazz Studies major prepares students to become a performing musician, private instructor, or a music arranger/composer. This degree will also allow students to enter a master’s of music program in performance after completion so they may continue their educational growth. The Jazz Studies major offers these benefits:
- Emphasis on solo and small group performance, and jazz improvisation.
- Completed degree program in four years.
- Program of study includes courses in music theory and aural skills, lessons and ensembles, jazz improvisation, jazz harmony and jazz history.
- Private instruction from dedicated and skilled professionals.
- Preparation for recital and instrumental juries.
To see a list of Jazz Studies courses offered please visit the course catalog here: